LP Gas and Legislation
The Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) is regulated by SANS 10087-1:2008 Edition 5. SANS is the abbreviation for South African National Standard.
It regulates, amongst others, containers, appliances, piping, fittings and ventilation requirements.
It is very important that your installation complies to everything needed for a safe and properly functioning installation. If you have a gas installation at your residence, are you in possession of a CoC (Certificate of Compliance)?
Below follows some of the regulations regarding minimum distances of installations as well as ventilation requirements.
- Ventilation at floor level
- Containers & coal stoves
- Minimum safety distances of a LP Gas installation
- Minimum Safety distances from boundary walls and drains
- Typical installation by means of a flexible hose and solid pipe
- Typical installation for gas cylinder directly connected to hob by means of a flexible hose
- Siting of Gas Hob, stove or hotplate
- Discharging products of combustion
- Oven ventilation requirements