Minimum Safety Distances
The following minimum safety distances are applicable for any LPG installation. It is very important to confirm that your installation was done accordingly.
- The installation (LPG bottle/s) must be at least 1m from a door.
- Any electrical source of ignition (any switch) must be at least 1.5m above the installation (LPG bottle/s).
- Any windows must be at least 3.5m above the installation. But, it may be reduced to 300mm provided that a non-combustible roof is installed between the containers and the window.
- The installation must be at least 1m away from any windows.
- The installation cannot be closer than 1m from an air brick and at least 2m from a forced draught inlet for air conditioner.
- When an electrical source of ignition such as a switch box, distribution board, motor, generator, etc, is lower or at the same level as the LPG installation, it must be at least 5m away from the installation.
Click on diagram below.